Experienced and innovative Italian-English journalist and a ceramicist.
Mari is writing, researching and in the last few years exploring creativity in her new ceramic journey.
Mari after nearly two decades based in London, she now lives and works in the South Cotswolds with her son and husband.
Experienced and innovative Italian-English journalist, researcher, content writer & translator with sophisticated linguistic, localisation, trans-creation and management skills. Highly organised, self-aware, emotionally mature, extremely enthusiastic, inquisitive and relishes multi-tasking. Works under pressure and meets demanding deadlines: finishing projects on time with short lead-in time for publication and delivery, both in house and on a freelance basis. Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills with a friendly and professional approach to people. Versatile and cross-writing style and the ability to adapt for sales material, trade, corporate, customer and consumer magazines to optimise and localise global brand communications strategies. Working in the media, communication and journalist industry since early Nineties. Mari now lives in the south Cotswolds, after spending nearly two decades in London and a long stint by the rolling hills of south Devon.
- Creative Writing at the Stroud School of Art, Stroud – Gloucestershire.
- MA in Global Media & Transnational Communications at the Department of Media Communications and Cultural Studies (MCCS) – Goldsmiths College, University of London.
Dissertation: The Allure of the English Language. Case studies : 1. Translation agencies; 2. Ca’ Foscari University of Venice; 3. Localisation in the advertising industry.
- Certificate in Effective Communication for Professional Purposes – Goldsmiths College, University of London.
- Introduction to Oral History – Training Course with the Oral History Society, British Library, London.
- Undergraduate Diploma in Social Anthropology – Birkbeck College, University of London.
- BA Sociology & Social Anthropology – University of Urbino ‘Carlo Bo’, Urbino, Italy.
- Mari is a member of the NUJ – National Union of Journalist in the UK.
You can read more about her professional and academic background on LinkedIn.
Mari since 2018 is developing her creative practice and studying ceramics, within several studio potteries and colleges in the South Cotswolds.
Autumn 2021 – Artist residency programme at Hawkwood College – The programme is supported by The Francis W Reckitt Arts Trust.
May 2021 – Member of the ClayLoft, an open access ceramics studio in South Gloucestershire run and owned by Potter Tom Knowles Jackson.
Courses, Training & Learning
September – December 2020: Weekly Pottery Sessions with Potter John West. Lansdown Pottery, Stroud, Gloucestershire.
September 2018 – April 2020: Weekly Pottery Sessions with Tutor & Potter Dawn Almasi. Craft at the Centre, Lansdown, Stroud, Gloucestershire.
April 2019 – July 2019: Ceramics – Intermediate Course. Stroud School of Art, Stroud, Gloucestershire. Tutor: Aimée Lax.
- Researching: Working and making with clay as a therapeutic approach for mending and recovering from trauma.
- Drafting: My first book (temporary title) Dented – a story … on making, pottering, recovering and discovering. A personal memoir / writing journey into making and mending.
- Mari is a Member of the Craft Potters Association, London.